From the latest news of magento’s official website we clearly get the information that If you have a store that continues to run on Magento 1 after June 30, please be aware that from that date forward you have increased responsibility for maintaining your site’s security and PCI DSS compliance. Naturally, Magento 1 website will continue working even after June 2020. Still, Magento 1 EOL is a game-changer for businesses all over the world. Software sunset can have tremendous consequences for your online store and bring along a lot of dangers. New features, functionality updates, and security patches, as well as some Magento extensions, will only be made available to storefronts on the latest version of Magento 2 (M2).
If you are wondering what Magento 2 will bring you, check out the below list of advantages:
- Magento 2 can process 39 percent more orders per hour
- Add-to-cart response time is increased by up to 66 percent
- End-to-end checkout time increases by up to 51%
- Updated hashing algorithm (SHA-256) allows for a better password management
- Native two-factor authentication (which is not available in Magento 1)
- Support of the latest PHP versions
- Compatibility with and built-in features for mCommerce
- Improved software architecture
- SEO dedicated tools
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch
- Ability to create progressive web apps
Website migration to Magento 2 solved the major problem with website performance, resulting in a 30 percent increase in overall and a 2x increase in product page upload speed.
What if I continue to use Magento 1 after End of Life 2020?
- Your Store would be at Risk without Quality and Security Fixes
- Developers will Stop Support for Magento 1.X Extensions
- Hiring Magento 1.X Developers will Become More Expensive
- The PCI Compliance Might be Lost after Support ends
- The Performance of Your Website will Take a Fall
Migrating or upgrading from Magento 1.X to Magento 2 is not a simple task of running some script codes or commands. It is a complex process and must be planned in advance to have a smoother transition to avoid the loss of the data at zero downtime.
At Webiators, we’ve acquired the expertise in Magento Development, and Magento Migration. With a proven track record of safe, speedy and effective processes, we are at the forefront of Magento 2 Migration. You can visit our Magento 2 Migration Service page for more details.